Apply for Funding
Before you Apply
Before you submit an application for an Organizational Grant, please review the following items - it contains useful information that can greatly increase your organization's chance of getting a grant:
- Thoroughly read the UOC Grant Guidelines page (review all three sections: General, Administrative Grants, and Event Grants):
- Decide what type of organizational grant you're applying for (the Grant Guidelines page, linked above, provides ample information on both):
- An Administrative Grant is meant to aide in the upkeep and essential functions of a student organization. Grants given under this type fund regular meetings and internal activities, among other things. There is currently a $400 Administrative Grant limit per established organization for each semester.
- An Event Grant is meant to provide funding for events planned and hosted by student organizations, and account for the majority of the UOC budget. These events must be open and free for the entire undergraduate population. There is no limit to an Event Grant, and the UOC will decide to fund events based on their scale and impact on student life.
- A Publication Grant is targeted towards organizations that publish content regularly either through print or digital.
- Discuss your application with your Organization Liaison
- At the beginning of the year each registered student group will be assigned an Organization Liaison from within the UOC. Liaisons will be the primary point of contact for student groups, and will aide organizations in applying for grants and advocate for their interests. Please take a look at the Organization Liaison Roster (uploaded after 9/30, the deadline for all 2014-2015 student organization registration) to find out which UOC member your organization was assigned to. If you foresee a problem with your assignment, please contact the Student Organizations Director at email@example.com.
- Especially before submitting an Event Grant, student leaders are highly encouraged to discuss the application with their Organization Liaison so the UOC can be provided with additional information beyond what is expressed in the application.
Apply for a Grant
Note that the UOC is moving away from allocating the majority of its budget towards Administrative Grants. We highly favor Event Grants (for their positive impact on studnet life) and Administrative Grant regulations will be strictly enforced.
Application Timeline (Fall Semester)
|Round One||September 5, 2014 (11:59pm)||September 10, 2014||November 28, 2014|
|Round Two||September 19, 2014 (11:59pm)||September 24, 2014||November 28, 2014|
|Round Three||October 3, 2014 (11:59pm)||October 8, 2014||November 28, 2014|
|Round Four||October 17, 2014 (11:59pm)||October 21, 2014 (before October Recess)||November 28, 2014|
|Round Five||October 31, 2014 (11:59pm)||November 5, 2014||November 28, 2014|
|Round Six||November 14, 2014 (11:59pm)||November 19, 2014||November 28, 2014|
After You Apply
All grant decision notifications will be sent out via email by 11:59pm on the dates outlined above. If you received a grant or a partial grant, please pick up your check at the Yale College Business Office in Suite 630, 55 Whitney Ave. during normal operating hours.
You must submit your receipts to the Business Office by November 28, 2014 in the fall semester. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility to receive funding from the UOC for the subsequent semester.
Grant decisions made by the UOC are uploaded after every funding round. You can view past decisions here:
View Past Grant Decisions (coming soon)